ASTELLIAROYAL OPERATIONAL POLICY
1. General Principles
- Purpose of Operational Policy
- This Operational Policy supplements the User Agreement, and it contains the Company’s Astellia Royal (‘Game’ hereafter) service operational standards, such as the results of violating the agreement (‘Restriction’ hereafter), the steps of appealing the Restrictions, and recovery policies, and matters that users need to know while using the game service.
- Members must know and follow the policy, and violation may result in unfavorable outcomes to the applicable accounts as per this policy.
- The Company, in order to provide a better service, may change the Operational Policy at any time, and the changes will be announced in a method that the users can easily know about (via website, email, etc.).
2. Members’ Rights and Responsibilities.
- Members may inquire and get guidance regarding solutions about problems that arise while playing the Game via Customer Support’s one-to-one inquiries.
- Members must notify the Company of the bugs or problems, such as errors or flaws, in the Game’s system, and must not let other Members know about the bugs or problems or exploit the bugs or problems. If the bugs or problems are not notified to the company and used for gain purposes, other members have been wronged as the result. This may result in restriction in service use as per User Agreement and Operational Policy.
- If Members disseminate false information that has not been officially posted causing confuse other Members, service use may be restricted as the result.
- Members’ service use may be restricted if any of the policy in the Restriction standard chart below is violated.
- The Company is not liable for any losses occurred by service and Game use restriction caused by violation of Operational Policy or the Members’ duties.
- Members must respect the rights of other Members, since many Members play the Game at the same time.
- Members are responsible for managing their own account information. The company is not liable for any damages incurred by a 3rd party due to Members’ irresponsible account management.
- Members must comply any investigations by the administrators regarding the use of disallowed programs or macros. Members that do not comply any investigation regarding the use of disallowed programs or macros may be considered as using disallowed programs or macros, which may result in the same Restriction process as Members using disallowed programs or macros.
3. Definition, Roles, and Responsibilities of GM
- GM, shorthand for ‘Game Master’, process Members’ inquiries and request while following the procedures and methods set by the Operational Policy in order to properly operate the Game and protect the Members’ rights to use the game.
- GM and company affiliates does not individually ask about personal information, edit/disclose Member information gathered during account creation, and follow the relevant laws and regulations. However, if relevant authorities, such as government agency, judicial authorities, or others, request personal information through legitimate legal procedures, limited personal information may be transferred to the relevant authorities.
- GM will work to quickly respond and resolve any service-related situations to provide a stable Game service.
- GM do not judge problems with personal gain, relationship, or emotions in mind, and always judges all situations objectively and rationally, and follow all proper procedures and methods to transparently process issues. GM also do not get involved in normal Game activities or disputes between Users. However, if GM finds issues that may cause problems or damages to normal Game play or service, GM may act based on this Operational Policy.
4. Recovery Policy
- If users’ character or contents are lost or changed due to problems attributable to the company, recovery will be given to the extent that can be confirmed by objective data or information, such as in-Game records. However, if there is no in-Game records of such damage or objective data is not acquirable, recovery is not possible.
- Users’ character or item information may be changed or deleted at any time through judgments made regarding game planning or operation, and recovery is not possible.
- Any losses incurred through Members’ fault or not understanding matters, such as the Game system, Operational Policy, in-Game announcements, or announcements on the website, are not subject to recovery as a general rule. However, some losses due to Members’ fault may be recovered according to the table for recovery support.
- If another party’s policy violation results in loss in item or character, if this is also coupled with user’s fault, the recovery is not possible.
- Losses due to fraudulent cash transaction or fraudulent item distribution is not subject to recovery.
- You can request recovery via the website’s one-to-one inquiries. You must request recovery within 15 days of the loss.
4-1. Table for Recovery Support Standards
Policy Restoration Details Deleted account X If past 15 days grace period, personal information is deleted and cannot be restored Accidentally deleted character O
- Once per year per account
- Restored to the character information at deletion
- If a character of same name exists, character name is randomly changed and restored
- Cannot be restored if there are not enough character slots
- Cannot restore characters below level 10
Accidentally deleted item O
- 3 times per character per year
- Can only be restored within 15 days of item deletion
- Limited-time item can be restored according to the time left at deletion
- Event period items cannot be restored
Item accidentally purchased from NPC shop O - Accidentally purchased or exchanged item through the NPC shop is restored
(All methods of purchase/exchange including in-Game currency, special currency, etc.)
- Cannot be restored if the purchased item is sold/deleted/changed.
Accidentally dismantled item X
- Cannot restore contents that are determined randomly by dismantling items
Item purchased from the cash shop X - Item accidentally gifted from the cash shop X - Losses due to fraud O
- Item is recovered if the fraud is clearly identified through in-game records
- Once per account per year
- If the item in question has been exchanged/sold/changed, the resulting items are recovered
- Cannot be restored if the item no longer exists due to deletion or for other reasons.
※ Losses due to fraudulent cash transaction or fraudulent item distribution is not subject to recovery.
Items used to enhancement X - Items past storage period X - Items accidentally given to another character X - Items sold through auction X - Fees occurring due to accidental registration at the auction X - Losses due to account theft O
- In principle, the lost items are returned
- If the items have been changed due to sale, enhancement, or extraction, the results are returned
Quest progress level X - Mistake in quest reward selection X - Event or reward item X - Restoring a dismissed guild X -
If users’ characters or contents are lost or changed due to problems attributable to the company, recovery will be given to the extent that can be confirmed by objective data or information, such as in-Game records. However, if there is no in-Game records of such damage or objective data is not acquirable, recovery is not possible.
5. Website Operational Policy
- The Company may temporarily pause service of the website for regular maintenance or to improve the quality of service.
- In order to form a positive online culture in the website (forums) that Members are using, you must read the Website Operational Policy (Forum Rules) before posting or writing a comment.
- Posts or comments that do not follow said rules can be deleted or moved without prior notice. In addition, such the Member associated with the post or comment could be limited form using the service.
- Even if not specified in the Forum Rules, in order to facilitate game operation and garner positive online community as per the User Agreement and this Operational Policy, appropriate actions may be taken.
5-1. Website Usage Restriction Standards
Violation First Offense Second Offense Third Offense Fourth Offense Forum Rule Violation
Post/comment deletion (Warning)
Banned from writing (7d)
Banned from writing (30d)
Banned from using the Forum
6. Usage Restriction Policy
- Restriction Types
- Warning: caution/alert that violating the policy may result in Restrictions.
▶ Warnings may also be accompanied by forced Game shutdown, mute, or other Restrictions.
- Mute (Temporary): Restriction regarding a policy violation that disallows the Game’s chat service temporarily.
- Ban (Temporary): Restriction regarding a policy violation that disallows the use of Game service temporarily.
- Ban (Permanent): Restriction regarding a policy violation that disallows the use of Game service permanently.
6-1. Table of Restriction Standards
Violation Category Violation Details First Offense Second Offense Third Offense Account Theft All acts that cause damage, such as to account information, by unauthorized access of a different Member’s account Permanent Ban Account Trade All acts of trading account for gaining money or goods Permanent Ban Payment Theft All transactions, such as service usage fees, by unauthorized access of other’s transaction information Permanent Ban Identify Theft Any act of creating an account using a different person’s personal information. Permanent Ban Creating illicit programs
[Creating illicit programs] refers to the following.
(1) Any program, machine, or device that allows for each case of Use of Illicit Programs
(2) Act of editing or adapting the client or server or program
Permanent Ban Use of Illicit Programs
Any act of using computer program, machine, or device that defeats the Game’s technical protections or normal operation
▶ If one computer uses illicit program on multiple accounts, all accounts will be face Restrictions.
Permanent Ban Fraud All acts of illicitly gaining in-Game currency, account, etc. by deceiving other Members
Permanent Ban Fraud attempt
Any attempts at [Fraud]
▶ If [Fraud] is attempted with other violation, permanent ban is possible.
ex) Attempting [Fraud] while impersonating a GM or Way2Bit Employee
Permanent Ban Unauthorized cash transaction All acts of trading in-Game currency for cash or goods
Permanent Ban Gambling Betting things. such as item, and having chance provide certain individuals with profit and cause losses to others
Permanent Ban Abusing bugs
[Abusing bugs] refers to the following.
(1) Using errors in the Game or service to harm other Members or acquiring gains.
(2) Using errors in the Game or service to affect the Game’s balance or system
▶ All gains acquired through bugs will be recouped.
▶ If bugs are abused repeatedly, multiple users were targeted, or serious damage has occurred to the game’s economy or system, the account may be permanently banned without warning.
Permanent Ban Disrupting Game operations
[Disrupting game operations] refers to the following.
(1) Interfering with in-Game administrator or disrupting an event
(2) Repeatedly registering one-to-one inquiries for inappropriate reasons.
Permanent Ban Disrupting Game Play [Disrupting Game play] refers to the following.
(1) Disruping Game play by making other Members uncomfortable
(2) Acts such as insults, slander, threats that harass other users.
Permanent Ban Use of inappropriate names Using names that are immoral, harm positive game culture, or break relevant laws or regulations
(7d), name change
(7d), name change
(15d), name change
Disclosing others’ personal information All acts of disclosing others’ personal information without consent Permanent Ban Impersonating an administrator Creating confusion with a name similar to the company, Game affiliate, or GM
Permanent Ban Spreading false information
Confusing or harming others by spreading information that has not been verified (bug, update, etc.)
▶ If the information is seen to have serious harm to the in-Game balance or the system, the account may face immediate permanent ban.
Permanent Ban False reporting
[False reporting] refer to the following.
(1) Falsely reporting in order to harm other Members
(2) Falsely reporting to disrupt GM’s game operations
Bot farms Using the game with multiple accounts for illicit gains, or violating Agreement and Operational Policy as a group Permanent Ban Use of inappropriate language
[Use of inappropriate language] refers to the following.
(1) Use or swear words or profane language
(2) Use of obscene or explicitly sexual language or action to harass others
(3) Use of derogatory language against certain region, religion, race, or disability
(4) Making real-life threats or other words or actions that make others fearful
(5) Other expressions forbidden in the agreement or language that causes others to feel discomfort
Warning and usage restriction Chat Abuse Intentionally repeating the same message in chat Warning and usage restriction
▶ If there are two or more policy violations, the Company may place the most severe Restriction.
▶ Even if not in the above Table, violations of Agreements, laws, and regulation may result in temporary or permanent Restrictions.
▶ If policy violation is repeated, or unlawful activities that seriously harms the in-Game balance occurs, all accounts under the same name may be permanently Restricted and service usage may be restricted.
▶ Repeat violators of the policy may face harsher Restrictions than mentioned above.
▶ Even if not mentioned in the Table, all illicit gains will be recouped.
▶ Even if the policy is not violated directly, if users assist policy violators for a gain, the accomplice may face the same level as restriction as the violator and the illicit gains may be recouped.
▶ Accessing the game via a virtual private network (VPN) is not normal game usage.
▶ If connected via a bypassed IP, the account will be considered to be using an illicit program or bot farm and can be restricted. The company cannot help with any problems arising from using virtual private networks.
▶ Policy violators’ characters may be banned from various events, rankings, etc.
▶ The company is not liable for any losses in game contents arising from game usage restriction due to issues attributable to the Members.
Last Modified: August 26, 2020
- Warning: caution/alert that violating the policy may result in Restrictions.